Free userbars Free userbars Free userbars Free userbars Free userbars Free userbars Free userbars jinzhou86
Currently Playing: God of War Collection

Friday, July 31, 2009

Journey's End

As I reached the Journey's End, I can't stop wondering what have I learned in this journey.

Things I can list so far:

To be (more) dependent on God.
My life in Melbourne is all about depending on God. Initially, after my A Levels, I plan (or not) to come to Australia for studies. But probably since I am too much of a people person (ahem), I can't bare coming to Australia alone and chickened out at the end. This time, I came with a bunch of good friends. The highest thing (treasures from God) I value during my stay outside my family are my friends. Without them, lol, I really don't know how to survive.

This semester especially, with the Final Year Project came to such a crunch time (as you guys may know), it really pushes me to seek for God's help even more. There were times I really can't see myself even completing the project, never thought of scoring it, only hope to pass it. But God really delivers. For the whole semester, I only prayed for favor. Favor from all sources. Favor from God. The most significant night was the night I cried out to God for help. As in really cry for Him in my heart. It was the turning tide of the semester. Results started to appear, and the favor just snowballs from then. Praise God for His goodness!
You can DEFINITELY balance work and play.
Ok fine, maybe not really a balance. But, my point is, amongst the play, you can definitely work. During one of the professional practice lectures, the lecturer asked this question, "If this is your working style, lift up your hands. 'I finish my work before I play.' " 85-90% of the class lift their hands up. "Ok, what about 'I can play anytime I want.' " I QUICKLY LIFTED MY HAND! WOOHOO!

But what I really meant is that, we can find joy in whatever we do. Enjoy everything we do, even if its work. I have to admit, whilst studying / doing tutorials, I really find joy in learning how to do the questions, answer them, and get the correct answer.

To learn to raid.
I only seriously raided in WoW when I arrived in Australia. Its due to the fact I got a much better internet connection, which I will miss very much when I return. To connect with guildies and with people you would probably never get to connect outside WoW, to raid together, achieve something together is just so fun. And the feeling while receiving a particular loot you crave for so long, is just so good.

To treasure Malaysia.
To be honest, I prefer Malaysia's lifestyle, and food. Not to say the lifestyle and food here not good. Its just my preference. I find that in Malaysia, there are more things to do. And things don't go closing at 5pm, including the malls. And boy, I hate the weather.

Just had a farewell sorta party just now. With so many friends gathered and finally speaking into my life, I just felt so blessed. Really really blessed. Just hearing how other people think of you (mostly good ones haha) just makes it all worth it. Who says I just stay at home play games only, never connect with anyone? These guys just proved that SO WRONG.

And the guys just got it this. The Orange Box.


It features free (forever) online gameplay of Team Fortress 2, the game which I saw in screenshots and it looks like lots of fun. And guess what, I think its like my first ever original computer game! (lols) And I actually proudly told the guys that. Thanks alot!

And when I got it, my first response was "Eh this is the 19 dollar one right??!!"
How dumb of me. I responded that way because Kuo Hao told me a friend of ours is also playing it and it only cost him 19 dollars for the game. But not sure really 19 dollars or not though. And on my CD cover, a sticker with the words "MA 15+ Restricted - Strong Violence". Haha, won't really expect church friends to get this for you right. But I love IT! AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!

But honestly speaking, I had a dream of them buying me iphone during the farewell. LOL. Dreams are supposed to be dreams, sweeeeet dreams.

Anyways, in about 3 hours time, I am heading to my cousin's place to place some stuffs there before heading to the airport. And I have not sleep yet! Not really sleepy though. Just came back from neighbour's place after playing a night of pudge wars! Sorta a farewell overnight gaming gathering whatever-you-want-to-call-it thing.

I shall (try) to grab some sleep before doing final packings. For your information, my flight is at 3:00pm (Melbourne) time and I will reach KLIA at 9:00pm (Malaysia) time. Will reach Melaka roughly at 11:00-12:00 midnight (Malaysia) time. Care for some mamakzzzzz? Haha. See you guys anyways.

As a aussie always say,

Cheers.

No comments: